Sookie & Finn: Going to School DVD is a follow on to the Our Day DVD, designed to boost your toddler's speech and language development.
In Going to School DVD, Sookie & Finn dress up to go to school, "put Humpty Dumpty together again", wait at the bus stop for the school bus and have fun with cars and other vehicles driving past them as well as traffic lights while they are on the school bus.
Going to School DVD introducing the vocabulary necessary for "dressing up", clothes, body parts, colours as well as vocabulary and sentence structures for walking on the road and travelling "on the bus".
In addition, this fun DVD encourages independence in self care ("Sookie puts her coats on all by herself!") and road safety by modelling the desired behaviours. The Going to School DVD is aimed at children 2-5 years of age.
As with other Sookie & Finn DVDs, in addition to therapists using the DVD in therapy, parents can use it at home to supplement therapy or just as a little extra 'nudge' for the stubborn late talker.
The films are based on our unique methodology which is derived from the latest available research in children's language development utilising extensive consultancy from a paediatric speech and language therapist.
||We introduce some of the most frequently used English words, set in daily routines familiar to young children.
||Simple dialogues ensure toddlers follow the storyline. The simple backgrounds are interesting but not too overwhelming.
||Three great nursery songs built into the story keep the little ones entertained and engaged.
||Scenes actively involve viewers by giving choices which encourage expressive language reproduction.
||At the end of each scene, an adult repeats the target vocabulary against a background of fragments in the summary section from the film for increased retention.
- FREE Speech & Language development charts covering important milestones up to 5 years of age covering cognition, play and social interaction, speech & language production as well as recommended activities with your child customised for each age group
- FREE parents’ guide on how to use this DVD
- Tips to encourage your child’s speech and language development
- Format: NTSC
- Region: Region 0 (or “region free”) is compatible with DVD players from any region
- Number of discs: 1
- Classification: None
- DVD Release Date: 1 December 2011
- Run Time: Approximately 30 minutes
The DVD includes the following themes:
- Dress up for School
- Humpty falls down!
- At the bus stop
- On the school bus